Here are some tips for making the most of bathroom exhaust:
- Be sure you have a reliable bathroom exhaust system. If your fan is an older model, look into installing an energy-efficient and quiet bathroom exhaust system for air movement and moisture removal.
- Bathroom fan exhaust points should ideally be located above or near a shower or bath tub and inside an enclosed toilet room.
- Exhaust fans should be located away from the air supply.
- Bathroom doors should be undercut to allow supply air to be pulled into the room.
- Check your ductwork for sharp turns. Maximize airflow by keeping duct pathways linear.
- Use a bathroom ventilation fan for at least 20 minutes to remove moisture and heat from the air.