- Upblast Centrifugal Roof Exhaust Fans
- Downblast Centrifugal Roof Exhaust Fans
- Bathroom Exhaust Fans
- Bathroom Exhaust Fan Kits
- Downblast Axial Roof Exhaust Fans
- Filtered Roof Supply
- Hooded Roof Supply
- Aluminum Roof Supply Fans
- Wall Mount Air Circulator Fans
- Pedestal Air Circulator Fans
- Floor and Desk Air Circulator Fans
- Workstation Fans
- Evaporative Cooling Fans More...
Schools need proper ventilation just like many other types of large public buildings. Year-round, varied use of public school buildings means that ventilation must be flexible, providing for proper air movement no matter who is in the building or how many people are gathered there. If you are ventilating your existing school building or constructing a new facility, these tips can help you construct a building that is h... Read More!
Schools need proper ventilation just like many other types of large public buildings. Year-round, varied use of public school buildings means that ventilation must be flexible, providing for proper air movement no matter who is in the building or how many people are gathered there. If you are ventilating your existing school building or constructing a new facility, these tips can help you construct a building that is healthy and safe for the people on the property.
Why and When is Ventilation Important in Schools?
Ventilation is critical for ensuring comfort and indoor air quality. A properly installed ventilation system can reduce chances of airborne illnesses and can improve efficiency and functionality within the school overall. Ventilation systems are designed to remove moisture inside the building, which prevents damage to the structure. Moisture control also prevents mold from growing on the walls or in the ducts.
Ventilation becomes especially important in special use areas like science labs, shower rooms, bathrooms, vocational workshops and large gymnasiums, where proper air flow is a critical tool for improving indoor air quality. Exhaust ventilation also helps control air quality in art rooms where different materials may release gasses into the air.
Ventilation is most important during school hours and when the facility is in use by large groups of people, however, ventilation systems must continue functioning even on weekends or holidays when the school is not in use.
Equipment Used to Ventilate Schools
There are different types of ventilation equipment that may be used in schools. Below are some products sold by Industrial Fans Direct.
- Upblast centrifugal roof exhaust fans. These roof-mounted exhaust fans are suitable for kitchens, cafeterias and fume hood exhausts. Upblast centrifugal roof exhaust fans may be used to ventilate vocational rooms and laboratories.
- Downblast centrifugal roof exhaust fans. These roof mounted exhaust fans are used to exhaust relatively clean air, to improve air flow. These exhaust fans are not used to improve indoor air quality in spaces where contaminants are present.
- Standard bathroom exhaust fans. Standard bathroom exhaust fans remove moisture, fowl odors and prevent growth of mold and mildew in school bathrooms. Bathroom exhaust fans protect human health and also protect the structure, by preventing mold from growing in these spaces.
- Downblast axial roof exhaust fans. Roof exhaust fans rid the school of hot, uncomfortable air as it rises to the ceiling. These fans are mounted to the roof and are so heavy that they may require a crane for proper installation.
- Filtered roof supply fan. Filtered roof supply fans provide filtered outside air into the building. These units are commonly installed on auditoriums to provide good air flow.
- Hooded roof supply. These fans supply air in clean air applications. Hooded roof supplies are designed to move large amounts of air quickly and efficiently.
Best Practices for Installation
When installing a ventilation system, the maximum load of the system should be equal to the maximum occupancy of the building. Even on its busiest day, your school must be able to accommodate the maximum number of people occupying the space.
Typical schools require such complex, sophisticated ventilation systems that they must be designed by an engineer and installation must be performed by a licensed professional. For questions about installing specific devices or products, consult with the product manufacturer to ensure that the work is done properly. Follow all manufacturer's recommendations.
Purchase Your School Ventilation Equipment Today
Industrial Fans Direct is your source for standard bathroom exhaust fan kits, aluminum roof supply fans and other products. Whether you're building a brand new school or are remodeling your existing school, we can help you choose the right fans and ventilation products for you. We can also provide advice to you if you've purchased one of our products and want to ensure that it's installed properly.
Contact us today at 866-727-1060 to find out more about purchasing a ventilation fan to meet your needs.Read less