Often the most effective way to reduce moisture and improve indoor air quality is to promote air flow and proper ventilation. There are many products that can be used to improve ventilation in structures like businesses and homes. Whether you're designing and constructing a building, maintaining your existing building or improving ventilation in your own home, here's what you need to know. When and Why is Ventilation... Read More
Often the most effective way to reduce moisture and improve indoor air quality is to promote air flow and proper ventilation. There are many products that can be used to improve ventilation in structures like businesses and homes. Whether you're designing and constructing a building, maintaining your existing building or improving ventilation in your own home, here's what you need to know.
When and Why is Ventilation Important to Promote Moisture Evaporation?
Unless the proper conditions are maintained, including proper air temperature, air flow and humidity levels, moisture will prevail in most structures. Ventilation is a key component in maintaining those conditions. Below are some of the reasons that it's important to promote moisture evaporation in man-made structures.
- Wellness. Poor moisture control can lead to buildup of condensation eventually causing mold. Ventilation prevents that build up of condensation and thus reduces mold growth in man-made structures.
- Quality of life. Humidity can be uncomfortable. By improving ventilation, you can make your commercial building or residence more comfortable for everyday use. This can improve quality of life for you and other people who spend time in the structure, whatever kind of structure that may be.
- Structural stability. Structural stability suffers when structures stay moist for a long time. Proper ventilation promotes structural strength and stability.
What Kind of Facilities Need Ventilation to Promote Moisture Evaporation?
Some common examples of facilities that need ventilation include:
- Malls. Malls are large spaces that need many forms of moisture control and ventilation. Air movers of various sorts are an important tool in schools.
- Homes. Residential structures develop moisture problems in bathrooms, kitchens, crawl spaces and basements. Dehumidifiers are a common product used in residential structures to promote moisture evaporation.
- Movie theaters. These facilities are very contained, commonly with no ability to open windows or promote natural airflow. Mechanical airflow is critical in these facilities, as good indoor air quality is critical for maintaining a healthy indoor environment.
- Manufacturing facilities. These industrial buildings rely on air movers like high velocity fans to ensure good indoor air quality for workers. Industrial buildings are often more likely to have poor indoor air quality because of industrial processes that produce toxic gasses.
- Commercial laundry facilities. Plenty of moisture is introduced to within these buildings caused from laundering uniforms, mats, towels, sheets etc... It is important that the majority of this moisture be exhausted from the area, then circulating the air within the structure in order to cause evaporation of the remaining moisture.
Plating facilities. Since these businesses use heated dip tanks for coatings, anodizing etc..., the steam and gases need to be addressed
How Should You Ventilate?
There are many products that promote good air flow in these large facilities. Industrial Fans Direct sells many products that you can use to promote good air flow and keep moisture under control.
- High velocity fans. High velocity fans circulate air and encourage moisture evaporation. These devices often come with multiple speeds and thus can be used to promote moisture evaporation in a variety of settings.
- Dehumidifiers. Dehumidifiers are best used in homes where humidity is often a problem. Although use of air conditioners and a furnace can help control humidity, some homes continue to struggle with moisture. It is in these residences that a dehumidifier can help prevent mold growth and condensation.
Work With Your Ventilation Supplier
If you play a role in the development and construction of building ventilation, work with an expert. Industrial Fans Direct is your source for ventilation products. We sell ventilation devices including fans and dehumidifiers that can improve conditions in residences and commercial structures alike. Our ventilation products have a variety of applications, so contact us today to find out which products we can offer to you. We sell high velocity fans, dehumidifiers and air movers.
Check out our website or give us a call at 866.727.1060 to get started with your order today.Read less