If you plan to install or replace a bathroom fan or bathroom exhaust heater, there are some things to know about electricity and safety:
- Find out if you need a permit or certified electrician to do the work.
- Before working with electricity, turn off the power.
- Make sure the power is off – test the wires with a voltage meter.
- To safeguard against accidents, lock the panel box to keep anyone from turning the power on while you work.
- Wear safety goggles and a dust mask for protection.
- Follow manufacturer’s installation instructions.
- Don’t overload the circuit. Size your equipment per circuit amperage limits.